- About us
- Message from President
- History, Organization and Activities
- Application for Japanese Labeling Name
- How to join
- Site Policy
History, Organization and Activities
The Japan Cosmetic Industry Association was formed, with the objectives outlined below, as a federation comprising the Tokyo Cosmetic Industry Association, West-Japan Cosmetic Industry Association and Chubu Cosmetic Industry Association.
- 1950 February
- Tokyo Cosmetic Industry Association established
- 1950 June
- West-Japan Cosmetic Industry Association established
- 1959 July
- Japan Cosmetic Industry Association established
- 1995 March
- Chubu Cosmetic Industry Association established
※Numbers of member companies as of April 1,2022
|Tokyo Cosmetic Industry Association||6F METRO CITY KAMIYACHO 5-1-5, Toranomon, Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
(Central Japan) Cosmetic Industry Association
Chuo-ku, Osaka city, Osaka, Japan
|West-Japan Cosmetic Industry Association||2F ACA Bldg., 3-7-25, Marunouchi, Nakaku,
Nagoya city, Aichi, Japan
The objectives of the Japan Cosmetic Industry Association are to foster mutual friendship and liaison between organizations representing cosmetics manufacturers, advance the common interests of all such organizations, and establish fair industry consensuses with regard to matters necessary for the development of the cosmetics industry, fostering the sound development of the industry and helping to enhance the stability of people’s daily lives in a manner analogous to that of the government. (Article 2 of the Statutes of the Japan Cosmetic Industry Association)
The Association shall be engage in the activities set out below in order to achieve the objectives of the establishment. (Article 7 of the Statutes of the Japan Cosmetic Industry Association)
- 01.The conduct of research and study, measurement and implementation of the issues related to production, distribution, consumption, technology, labor, environment and safety in cosmetics.
- 02.Gather the information and disclosure to members.
- 03.Promote activities and communication to consumers.
- 04.Implementation of workshop and seminar.
- 05.The establishment of self – regulatory guidelines in cosmetics.
- 06.Commitment to the activity of Standardization Body in domestic and abroad.
- 07.Exchange of information between foreign cosmetic industry association.
- 08.The conduct any other lawful activity necessary for achieving the Association’s objectives.
2 independent organizations:
- Ads Monitoring Committee: Conducts independent scrutiny of advertising in media such as television, newspapers, and periodicals, and undertakes improvements.
- Cosmetics PL Consultancy Bureau] Addresses questions and complaints from consumers with regards to the safety and quality of cosmetics.