For the global development of the cosmetics industry
and for a future where consumers
can use cosmetics correctly and with confidence
- We are pleased to announce the renewal of our English official website on August 28, 2023. We have renewed the entire design to facilitate understanding of JCIA’s activity. We will continue to enrich the contents of our website to create an even better website in the future.
- JCIA Sustainability Guidelines, 2nd Edition has been published on April 3, 2023.
- Guidance for the Safety Assessment of Cosmetics, 2022(written in Japanese only) has been published as JCIA’s Technical Document No.144.
- JCIA Standards and Related Notifications for Sun Protection Factor (SPF) UVA protection Grade (PA) and Water Resistance for UV Protection (September 2022)[pdf]
- The beauty and personal care industry strongly supports a legally binding treaty to address plastics pollution[pdf]
- Information: benzoyl peroxide[pdf]
- To those who have had allergic reaction due to the use of “Drops of Green Tea Soap (products with initial formulation)”
Cosmetics in Japan
Regulations regarding cosmetics and the cultural history of cosmetics in Japan will be presented.
The following pages show figures related with Cosmetic Shipment, Medicated cosmetic Shipment, Cosmetic Export and Import as well as Consumption of Cosmetics taken from data published by Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare, Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications, and Ministry of Finance and soon.