JCIA’s International Activities
To seek a common ground for international cooperation while minimizing the economic impact on all members of the cosmetics industry, including cosmetic ingredient companies, distributors of cosmetic ingredients, and OEMs, in addition to cosmetic companies in Japan and to chart a path to achieve this goal.
1. Collect and analyze information on overseas regulations related to cosmetics and share the information with member companies
2. Promote regulatory cooperation among administrative authorities and among cosmetics industry associations using international conference bodies
3. Resolve regulatory issues and develop a fair trade environment through bilateral exchange meetings such as with China
4. Act at the national level in cooperation with the government on WTO/TBT notification, etc.
5. Support Japanese cosmetics companies for their overseas business development
6. Host briefings on overseas cosmetics regulations and market trends